Personalized dosimetry in minutes
Each patient responds differently to treatment, and serial radionuclide imaging provides patient specific information about the individual nuclide kinetics in tumors and normal organs after an administered dose.
The most complete voxel dosimetry software on the market
Voxel dosimetry™ is CE marked and has 510(k) clearance for wide range of therapy and imaging isotopes* - making it the only complete voxel dosimetry software on the market suitable for personalized dosimetry.
ONE WORKFLOW FOR ALL YOUR DOSIMETRY WORK
Process DICOM images from all camera manufacturers using the same workflow with automatic alignment of multiple quantitative SPECT/CT or PET/CT time points. Cumulated activity in each voxel is calculated and a Monte Carlo algorithm simulates photon absorption and scatter through the patient's CT to calculate dose distribution over the entire field of view. It focuses on accuracy, providing superior results to s-voxel or dose kernel approximation methods.
*In the US, the Voxel Dosimetry™ is only intended for calculating dose for FDA approved radiopharmaceuticals for any clinical purpose, and calculation of unapproved drugs can only be used for research purpose.
Pure theranostic approach
Plan and verify dose distribution with full flexibility in imaging and therapy radionuclides. Support for: 68Ga; 166Ho; 111ln; 123l; 131l; 177Lu; 223Ra; 99mTc; 90Y; 89Zr
Validated Monte Carlo Algorithm
Extensive clinical validation of the accuracy of the dose results in patients and phantoms is published in peer reviewed journals (1-5).
Single time point dosimetry
Hanscheid method (6), effective half-life, and physical half-life assumptions to facilitate dosimetry from a single image time point, improving patient experience and simplifying departmental logistics.
Dose-volume histogram analysis and 3D dose map
Get a detailed understanding of dose distribution in volumes of interest and store dosemaps as DICOM for further and future analysis.
Hermia Voxel Dosimetry
Personalized Dosimetry is Essential for NETs
Peptide receptor radionuclide therapy (PRRT) is a powerful tool in the fight against neuro-endocrine tumors (NETs). But the complexities of tailoring the treatment to each individual patient present a challenge to both clinical departments and software companies. In this article we describe a multi-disciplinary effort to overcome the challenges and deliver the optimal treatment for patients.
The Concept of Voxel Based Dosimetry
- Hippelainen E Tenhunen M Maenpaa H Heikkonen J Sahlberg A. Dosimetry software Hermes Internal Radiation Dosimetry. Nuclear Medicine Communications 2017, vol: 38 (5) pp: 357-365
- E. Hippelainen: Voxel-level dosimetry of 177Lu-octreotate: from phantoms to patients, University of Helsinki, Report Series in Physics, 2017, HU-P-D255
- Heikkonen, J, Maenpaa, H, Hippelainen, E, Reijonen, V, Tenhunen, M. Effect of calculation method on kidney dosimetry in Lu-177-octreotate treatment. Acta Oncologica 2016; 55:9-10:1069-1076
- Hippelainen E, Tenhunen M, Maenpaa H, Sahlberg A. Quantitative accuracy of 177Lu SPECT reconstruction using different compensation methods: phantom and patient studies. EJNMMI Research 2016, 6:16
- Hippelainen E Tenhunen M Sahlberg A. Fast voxel-level dosimetry for 177Lu labelled peptide treatments. Physics in Medicine and Biology 2015, vol: 60 (17) pp: 6685-6700
- Hanscheid H, Lapa C, Buck AK, Lassmann M, Werner RA. Dose Mapping After Endoradiotherapy with 177Lu-DOTATATE/DOTATOC by a Single Measurement After 4 Days. J Nucl Med. 2018 Jan;59(1):75-81
To support all your clinical workflows
Browse to read more about all the many possibilities offered by Hermia– our ALL-IN-ONE state-of-the-art software suite. You can pick and choose the specialities and tools adapted to your current clinical needs and scale up whenever new possibilities arise.
Organ Dosimetry™ provides a seamless workflow, enabling the user to perform all steps using only one interface.
OLINDA/EXM® is the most widely used software for standardized dose calculations for diagnostic and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals.
Theranostics is a very promising personalized approach to treating cancer, using diagnostic imaging to identify if target receptors are present on cancer cells, followed by precision internal radiation treatment that targets these receptors.
Hermia's SPECT reconstruction is optimized for speed and a wide range of procedures, radio-pharmaceuticals and collimators, making it possible to improve image quality while reducing dose and acquisition time from all your SPECT/CT cameras.